Malfunctioning locks on the side luggage?

Post here if you have a question regarding the maintenance or servicing of your MT Tracer.
Hannes_swe

Malfunctioning locks on the side luggage?

Postby Hannes_swe » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:13 am

Hi everybody,

Just got a call from my Yamaha dealer here in Brussels saying I have to come in and get the locks (?) changed on the side cases that came with the bike. Since my french is as bad as his english I am not really sure what needs to be fixed, but I guess I will know on Wednesday when I leave the bike for the service. Apparently covered by the warranty - but anyone else knows about this?

On the document it says that the replacement will be this;
12PPFS0SCL0CK LOCK KIT SOFT LUG. MT09

Thanks!

//Hannes

wessie
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Malfunctioning locks on the side luggage?

Postby wessie » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:56 pm

It's a well documented recall made by Yamaha affecting the soft ABS side cases sold in Europe.

A friend in Kent had the recall done after we had a holiday in France. He found one lock had come loose when in Beaune. He is johan in this thread on the US forum http://fj-09.org/thread/1926/recall-sem ... ers-europe

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SkyRider » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:30 pm

I may get the Yamaha panniers next year so hopefully there's no need for recall. Do I need a stay system or just click the panniers onto the fittings come with the bike?

wessie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wessie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:21 pm

no you need the stays as well - earlier this year Yamaha were giving away the http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-09-tracer.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=2PP-FTSBS-T0-00&year=2015 stays if you ordered the cases which is why I was interested. Enquire with your dealer to see if the free stays are still available. The stays are nearly £100 and the side cases were offered with a 10% discount so it would have been a luggage set for around £220 - sadly, as with most other accessories Yamaha could not fulfil my order so I went the Givi/Kappa route.

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SkyRider » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 pm

I'll ask Yamaha tomorrow if there's any offer on luggage. I quite like the look of the Yamaha ones and if the dealer could give me a discount like they did with the screen then I'll get them. I saved more than 20% on the screen and it came within a week. Fingers crossed.

Hannes_swe

Postby Hannes_swe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 am

Thanks for the feedback! It was a rather simple process, took less than 30 minutes.. Sounds scary though with bags falling off :o

Return to “Servicing and Maintenance”