Rear tyre, How long does it last?

Post here if you have a question regarding the maintenance or servicing of your MT Tracer.
CMC
Prospect
Prospect

Rear tyre, How long does it last?

Postby CMC » Sat May 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi All,

Did anybody change the rear tyre already? How long did it last? Mine has about 4500 miles and is ready to be replaced.
What is your experience?

JamWheel
Sgt. At Arms
Sgt. At Arms

Re: Rear tyre, How long does it last?

Postby JamWheel » Sun May 22, 2016 11:36 am

My rear did 6500. Probably another 1000 miles in it tread depth wise but it was square.

I've put on Pilot 4 GTs

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SkyRider » Sun May 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Have you changed both front and rear? I wonder how the new one compares to the stock tyre.

Griff1971
Patched Member
Patched Member

Postby Griff1971 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:23 am

JamWheel wrote:My rear did 6500. Probably another 1000 miles in it tread depth wise but it was square.

I've put on Pilot 4 GTs

7500 miles from a rear tyre!
Wow, that's impressive, don't think I've ever had anywhere near that.
Think I had Battleaxe on my Fazer when I got it and put Michelin Road Pilot 2's on it when needed (and Pilot 3's after that)
Transformed the bike!
Great in the dry and brilliant in the wet.
Will definitely be putting Pilot 4s on the Tracer as soon as needed.

Stripy
Road Captain
Road Captain

Postby Stripy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:09 pm

From the original crappy Dunlops, not too many miles - change as you can. They are plastic circles, and fatal!

I've had two MT-09's, first i rode out to about 4200 miles, before the rear was squared off, the got PR4's on.
The PR4's then lasted 9k miles. Impressive lasting and good grip.
Then, this spring, i got my '16 plate 2015 Mt-09 with the Akra can, and it only took me 1200 miles to find out, that i had absolutely no confidence in the very bad factory tyres, and as we where due to go on holiday, i decided to chuck the £250 in for a new par of rubber boots for my little Yama.
What a change.
I had seen some adverts of the new Metzeler Roadtec 01, and coincidently, one of my riding buddies mentioned it, too - so researched a bit, and this https://youtu.be/EzcgeHLZMvw made my mind up - Roadtec 01's went on.
What a joy to go to the Hard Mountains with these tyres - they saved the holiday for me, and i must admit, they are that nudge better than the PR4's.
Current mileage is only at 4k miles, i am not sure, it will last to the 9k as the Pr4's did - but, sorry officer, i have had fun and sh*t loads of confidence in the tyres, so well worth spent the money.
3 is a lucky number
/// Stripy~

Return to “Servicing and Maintenance”