Day off ride near the Malverns

Here you can arrange to meet up and organise rideouts.
wessie
Veteran
Veteran

Day off ride near the Malverns

Postby wessie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Chilly out today, compared to last week. 8C instead of 16C. So, on went the muffs. Hills are the Malverns, approaching from Gloucester.

You need to ditch the OE handguards to fit these muffs. I have some KTM replacements. Muffs are Tucano Urbano R319, as used on ADV bikes. I have used these on my last 2 bikes as well, an R1150GS and a XT1200Z Super Ténéré

The muffs are great except when starting from a petrol station a minor adjustment led to the mode switch being flicked from STD to A. I made a rather unexpected lively start from a set of traffic lights. The 90 degree turn, downhill, off camber and bumpy was not the best terrain for such an incident.

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Day off ride near the Malverns

Postby SkyRider » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:58 am

Good to see the bike is winterised but couldn't see how many miles you've done on the clock. I had muffs on my last bike but couldn't use hand guards at the same time :(

Tracer hand guards are useless like you said. May get some Givi ones if I were to survive the winter.

wessie
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Day off ride near the Malverns

Postby wessie » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:56 am

done about 7500 miles since 1st week of March - was doing 1000 miles a month until Sept but it has dropped off now. I was commuting on it but changed roles in July so need a car at work now. Hoping this might change again soon so I can go back to using the bike for commuting.

Return to “Rideout & Meets”