Vibration

Nothing in particular. Have a general chat here.
kernowjim
Prospect
Prospect

Vibration

Postby kernowjim » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi everyone

I'm only 320 miles into Tracer ownership, so I know it's early days but does anyone else experience engine vibration? I have fitted Grip Puppies and rubber topped footpegs (MT07 Tracer type) and that has helped a lot but I find the bike very 'gruff' under acceleration or cruising at motorway speeds. I'm coming from a Triumph Tiger Explorer 1215 which was extremely smooth (too smooth I think, bordering on boring).

Just wondered if things will smooth out with mileage/1st service?

Cheers
Jim

DTNZ64
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Vibration

Postby DTNZ64 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:24 pm

I tend to describe my Tracer to people as a bit "buzzy", but I'm used to singles & V-twins. The vibes aren't bad enough to bother me though & I kind of like that gruff feeling under acceleration, especially in A for Angry mode :lol:

owle
Prospect
Prospect

Postby owle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 am

They all do that sir ..... it's a feature not a fault.

Last post summed it up "buzzy"

kernowjim
Prospect
Prospect

Postby kernowjim » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Well I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the bike but it does buzz quite a bit and that's probably down to the chassis stiffness and direct bolting of the engine to the frame. I've managed to minimize the vibration through the footpegs by fitting rubber topped Yamaha footpegs (e.g. XJR1300/MT-07 type), gel insoles on my boots and most noticeably whilst cruising at motorway speeds, putting the engine into B mode. Sorted.

owle
Prospect
Prospect

Postby owle » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 pm

I guess it's what you are used to ..... Having owned iron head Harleys in the dim and distant past, the CP3 engine in the tracer doesn't seem too vibey to me ....... its so much fun to ride, plus i have no feeling in my fingers and toes anymore anyway. :lol:

linden
Prospect
Prospect

Postby linden » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:05 am

Hello, I have to say that I was a little surprised at how much engine induced vibration there appears to be as well. More than I would expect on a triple with balance shafts (I assume !) I guess I will get used to it. Not had to resort to bits of rubber yet though.

kernowjim
Prospect
Prospect

Postby kernowjim » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm

linden wrote:Hello, I have to say that I was a little surprised at how much engine induced vibration there appears to be as well. More than I would expect on a triple with balance shafts (I assume !) I guess I will get used to it. Not had to resort to bits of rubber yet though.

The CP3 does vibrate quite a bit as it's bolted directly to the frame....it adds an element of rawness to the experience but can be too much for some. I've heard that it smooths out with mileage - the magic number being 3000 and upwards. Mine is a 2017 with 1000 miles on the clock, I only ride in good weather so I will see what it's like at 3000....but if it doesn't smooth out by then, then it's likely to be sold!

Return to “General Discussion”