Yamaha side cases

Discuss and share tweaks and mods.
Rogerfredo

Yamaha side cases

Postby Rogerfredo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:52 am

Does anyone know why Yamaha do not sell the abs sidecases which can be seen in Youtube videos (from USA, Australia etc) in the UK?
They feature a very neat lower fixing (unlike the ugly "spaghetti" used by other sidecases), and fit directly on the brackets (side of the rear seat) which are still fitted to the standard bike. Makes me wonder if they have had problems with sidebags falling off.

wessie
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Yamaha side cases

Postby wessie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Yamaha seems concerned with the high speed handling of the Tracer. The US market demands hard cases are available so Yamaha has restricted all US bikes to 115mph. This is easily altered with an ECU flash.

In Europe, we have roads with no speed limits e.g. Isle of Man mountain road or some German autobahns so we do not want restricted bikes. The French have had to ditch their power limits due to public outrage. Therefore, to save us from ourselves, Yamaha will not sell us their own brand of hard cases. Fortunately, the likes of Shad, Givi, Kappa, Hepco & Bekker and SW Motech are less worried about litigation. Their luggage options are much better anyway. Yamaha also state in the manual, do not use a topbox with side cases. I did a test ride with Kappa side cases and a Givi topbox and didn't die.

takahe

Postby takahe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:54 pm

You can mount FJR cases very easily they fit straight on the top mounts and then a bracket from behind the back footpegs.

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SkyRider » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:42 pm

That's good the know cheers. I'm looking at hard luggage for my bike now. The rather hollow rear end needs some more padding to beef it up.

rockster1

Postby rockster1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (3 MiB) Viewed 620 times

Just fitted these Shad panniers on mine,brilliant ,fittings neat unlike the Yam cages on the side,can't recommend them enough
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 620 times

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Just fitted top box and tank bag.

Return to “Yamaha MT Tracer Modifications”