Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (484.12 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What I have added...

Postby SkyRider » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:08 am

It's got to be one of the most modified Tracers out there. I've just added a new Givi screen :P

Builderman5
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Builderman5 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:33 pm

You're right, I need to stop now!

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:37 pm

How did you wire your S310 in. I was thinking of wiring some straight into one of the spare plugs behind the screen rather than the battery then they would only come on with the ignition. But somebody said the draw might be too much to for this connector?

Builderman5
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Builderman5 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:51 am

The Givi S310 lights come with a loom, switch and all connectors. For the power you connect direct to the battery, then take a live feed for the switch (which I took from the rear light). The spotlights then come on and off with the ignition if you leave the switch set to on - you can't leave them on and drain your battery!

It is simple. The longest job is taking off and replacing the fairing bits.

The only thing I had to do extra was to fit a grommet in the light where the wire entered. This was because the way I have mounted them the wire enters the top.

I can provide pics if you want.

Cheers.

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Builderman5 wrote:The Givi S310 lights come with a loom, switch and all connectors. For the power you connect direct to the battery, then take a live feed for the switch (which I took from the rear light). The spotlights then come on and off with the ignition if you leave the switch set to on - you can't leave them on and drain your battery!

It is simple. The longest job is taking off and replacing the fairing bits.

The only thing I had to do extra was to fit a grommet in the light where the wire entered. This was because the way I have mounted them the wire enters the top.

I can provide pics if you want.

Cheers.

Thanks for that builderman. Having just had bike I'm finding my way around it. The wiring seems to be compact. Can you point me in the direction of the tail light wire I need to connect to. Thanks. I'm also swapping out the halogens for 25w LED's Which give a whiter light.

Builderman5
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Builderman5 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I'll take a pic of the wire I connected to and post it over the weekend.

If you are swapping to LED's, make sure you measure the bulb length as the spotlights are rather compact and LED bulbs seem to be marginally longer.

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Builderman5 wrote:I'll take a pic of the wire I connected to and post it over the weekend.

If you are swapping to LED's, make sure you measure the bulb length as the spotlights are rather compact and LED bulbs seem to be marginally longer.

Ok I'll wait for pic. thanks

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Managed to install Givi fogs. Trying to route the wiring was a nightmare, there's so much of it. Also re-wired my sat-nav and camera to the spare plugs on the front and took a feed off the camera to the Givi switch so they're ignition on only. Just waiting for the LED bulbs I ordered to swap out the halogens.
Also fitted radiator guard and upgraded horn. Was wanting to fit twin horn but there's no room at current location. Will try and think of somewhere else to fit the two. Will upload pics when I get time.

Whitworth Wanderer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Whitworth Wanderer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Ordered some to day [16/2/17] £65.01 INC DELIVERY, made a saving :lol:

Return to “Yamaha MT Tracer Modifications”