Cruise control

Discuss and share tweaks and mods.
nmac68
Prospect
Prospect

Cruise control

Postby nmac68 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Has anyone looked at these electronic cruise control units?

http://www.motorcyclecruise.co.uk/yamaha_mt-09_tracer_fj-09_tbw_version.html

I'm not a big fan of the friction lock style and am looking for something a bit safer for the planned European adventure next year - it's a bit pricey and now I know why Yamaha decided to omit it from the line up.

Having looked around for the replacement genuine switchgear I think it would be a much better proposition and not look out of place.

All thoughts on this greatly appreciated.

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cruise control

Postby ib12 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Seems rather a lot of money for what I consider a want rather than need. Unless your doing a lot of motorway miles, and if you are why are you. This is an expensive luxury. I have a throttle friction system which I thought would be useful on long journeys, but on congested roads it's not practical and I stay off motorways as much as possible and enjoy the more twistier type.
For what it's worth, save your money and spend it on a long weekend away riding or B&B's over the summer.

nmac68
Prospect
Prospect

Postby nmac68 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Cheers for the reply - not too mention quite a valid point about desire over need.

Not being a big fan of motorway miles, to get out of Cornwall I have limited options if I need to cover great distance in time to meet ferries/trains etc and have to take the A30/M5 and beyond routes.

Even the friction type is not a cheap option for what it is! So with sensible head on I'll keep the money in the bank and put it towards the more enjoyable things in life!

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:54 pm

nmac68 wrote:Cheers for the reply - not too mention quite a valid point about desire over need.

Not being a big fan of motorway miles, to get out of Cornwall I have limited options if I need to cover great distance in time to meet ferries/trains etc and have to take the A30/M5 and beyond routes.

Even the friction type is not a cheap option for what it is! So with sensible head on I'll keep the money in the bank and put it towards the more enjoyable things in life!

Glad to be of help :)

bluerob
Road Captain
Road Captain

Postby bluerob » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:05 am

I've found a very cheap way to have cruise control.

I was finding that the right hand throttle grip was vibrating and giving me white finger. I took it off and wrapped the bar with some electrical tape, put it all back together took it for ride, to find i had cruise control.

Granted, i sorted it out when i got back. But if your after a cheap solution. Wouldn't recommend it though.

Return to “Yamaha MT Tracer Modifications”