Scottoiler v system

Discuss and share tweaks and mods.
SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Scottoiler v system

Postby SkyRider » Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Has anyone installed the Scottoiler v system to your Tracer here? I'm going to put it on but just realised I have to take a lot of plastic bits off and the tank off to locate the vacuum source. Looks like a pain in the back side.

DTNZ64
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Scottoiler v system

Postby DTNZ64 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:25 am

Well I cheated & had it fitted at the first service - paid for that mind you :) They did a nice tidy job, the only thing is that the reservoir is tucked in behind the left side panel, it's a bit fiddly setting up for a refill, but then at least it's not visible.

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SkyRider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks I was going to get dealer to fit it but in the end I challenged myself. A few hours later it's done and now have done 600 miles with the oiler doing its job very well.

bluerob
Road Captain
Road Captain

Postby bluerob » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am

It's pretty easy to fit to be honest, all you need to get the panels and tank off is a set of Allen Keys, 10mm socket & ratchet and a Philips screwdriver, and maybe an extra set of hands if you don't have some wood to prop the tank up to unhook it.

I used one of the vacuum's on the throttle bodies, i just took one of the rubber bungs off and dropped the vacuum hose on it.

linden
Prospect
Prospect

Postby linden » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:54 am

Believe me, you can install the suction pipe without taking anything off, not tank or plastic. You do need some long thin nosed pliers though and a very good lamp. The little blanking plug held on with a clip wire to the inlet tract can be removed and the angled vacuum connection fitted in about 5 mins.
Be careful where you install the reservoir though. In my opinion it has to go under the front seat in the cheek area on the off side. Not much room but it does go. I find if you install it anywhere lower the head is not high enough to provide reliable drip feed.

Give it a go.

Return to “Yamaha MT Tracer Modifications”