Heel plates

Discuss and share tweaks and mods.
ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Heel plates

Postby ib12 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:27 am

Whoever designed the heel plates as a one piece must have gone home early that day. They scuff like mad and you can't replace them without changing all of the foot rest mount. So to cover the scuffs I did this, not perfect but looks better.

SkyRider
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Heel plates

Postby SkyRider » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:28 am

Looks good my friend!

Whitworth Wanderer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Whitworth Wanderer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 am

Impressed !! What would it have cost Yamaha to fitted "something" similar & sometimes I even get lube splattering on my left boot {off the chain} because the front sprocket cover has that gap exposing part of the chain . :roll:

Mickyboy
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:08 pm

How long you had the bike my friend and how long before it started getting mark picked my new bike up Saturday
Regards

ib12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ib12 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 am

Mickyboy wrote:How long you had the bike my friend and how long before it started getting mark picked my new bike up Saturday
Regards

Picked it up in November. Didn't really notice when they started to wear but I think it also depends on what boots you wear. I wear TCX sport boots which have heavy heel protection. My previous bike suffered the same but you could replace the heel guards by unbolting them and fitting carbon or steel ones. I would suggest doing what I did with carbon vinyl or the clear film.
Hope this helps, enjoy your new bike.

Greenman14
Patched Member
Patched Member

Postby Greenman14 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 pm

I stuck some helicopter tape on mine. It will probably fall of, eventually, then I’ll just stick some more on. From more than 2 ft away you can’t see it.

Return to “Yamaha MT Tracer Modifications”