First Japanese motorbike...

Welcome new Motrider members, introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.
YAMAHA-NL

First Japanese motorbike...

Postby YAMAHA-NL » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi all,

It started more than 25 years ago on a BMW 1100 RS. From than switched to BMW 1150 GS to KTM 990 ADV's and KTM 990 SM. Did also race on the SM on certified racetracks in the EU. Since a few weeks switched to the Yamaha Tracer. No I'm not ill... but will save some money for other things...

I always told my wife: "if I become 50, I'll buy a BMW GS again, without a test drive. But not 50 yet, so time to drive something different.

After a thorough day test-ride in the mountains in the south of Spain and later on in my home country, the decision was made. Despite that the performance of the suspension and brakes are not as KTM, I'll take the opportunity to get the Yamaha on the road and have fun. My only question is how these Yamaha race drivers are doing this without proper racing suspension and brakes???

But nevertheless I'm happy and willing to learn and share experiences on this forum.
"Yamaha Motor is beating its profit forecasts in emerging markets, better than expected." Hiroyuki Yanagi

DTNZ64
Veteran
Veteran

Re: First Japanese motorbike...

Postby DTNZ64 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

Welcome to the forum! No harm in having a change, & no harm in having some extra money either :D

Greenman14
Patched Member
Patched Member

Postby Greenman14 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Welcome from another newbie, and one who has had a KTM SM and a GS. I’ve never bought a bike that was perfect for me straight not of the shop, and that applied to the BM and the KTM, but the Yam seems like the best of both worlds and close to perfect for me. Maybe I’ll upgrade the suspension at some point, as I did on the BM.

PGEO
Prospect
Prospect

Postby PGEO » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi. Huge experiences by all of you. Had 3 hondas and soon a tracer. I think that the suspension fuss its a bit over the top. For the average user and the occassional hooligan tracer suspension is more than capable. Now if you are off for a world tour or you are racing with superbikes......well i find it only natural to have complaints for the suspension.....my point of view.Cheers.

PGEO
Prospect
Prospect

Postby PGEO » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi. Huge experiences by all of you. Had 3 hondas and soon a tracer. I think that the suspension fuss its a bit over the top. For the average user and the occassional hooligan tracer suspension is more than capable. Now if you are off for a world tour or you are racing with superbikes......well i find it only natural to have complaints for the suspension.....my point of view.Cheers.

Return to “Welcome - New Members Introduction”