New old model Tracer on Saturday

Welcome new Motrider members, introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.
Prospect
Prospect

New old model Tracer on Saturday

Postby 847 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am

Hi all, from Adelaide, South Australia.

In their wisdom, YMA have not seen fit to release the 2017 model Tracer yet, so I'm picking up a silver/blue 2016 model on Saturday.

Not too fussed, really, as the only thing I really wanted was the slipper clutch, but meh... It's a motorbike, and how much stuff could an old fart want anyway? Plus, let's face it, it's impossible to keep up as things go ahead in leaps and bounds most years.

My background? Grew up on a sheep station, addicted to the only bikes (pretty much) we had ie British singles and some twins. We rode them almost everywhere that modern stuff goes, poor things. Soon saw the light and went Japanese, eventually moved to town and have never been without a bike of some sort since I was about 10.

Have just retired from being a mustering contractor before any more injuries got me! However, am rethinking things... Still have my WR250R, and about to sell my Tenere.

So roll on the Tracer! Can't wait! :D

DTNZ64
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New old model Tracer on Saturday

Postby DTNZ64 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am

Welcome aboard 847. Enjoy the silver/blue, mine still has that colour scheme somewhere under the grime. Sounds like you might have more time for riding now - good move!

Prospect
Prospect

Postby 847 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 am

Thank you.

I think you get a lot more rain across the ditch than we do in South Oz!

A mate reckons NZ has the best motorcycling roads ever. Must try them one day...

DTNZ64
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DTNZ64 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 am

We do get a bit. Reasonable amount of wind too at various times, that can be exciting! Having a wind shield is definitely a bonus, unless you're on a lay-flat sports bike. And yep, great roads! Plan that trip!

Prospect
Prospect

Postby 847 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:19 am

Cool!

Return to “Welcome - New Members Introduction”